Are there any plans for an official Capacitor plugin?

• 9 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m using Ionic with Capacitor.

The RevenueCat documentation recommends using a cordova plugin, but Ionic has been in the process of migrating away from Capacitor for the past few years, and this is now the only Cordova plugin in my app.

There’s already a capacitor plugin on github but I was wondering if there are any plans to release an official Capacitor plugin as well.

1 reply

Badge +3

I’m using Ionic with Capacitor.

The RevenueCat documentation recommends using a cordova plugin, but Ionic has been in the process of migrating away from Capacitor for the past few years, and this is now the only Cordova plugin in my app.

There’s already a capacitor plugin on github but I was wondering if there are any plans to release an official Capacitor plugin as well.

We are in the exact same situation. We have migrated all of our cordova plugins to their capacitor equivalents, and now only the RevenueCat plugin is left as cordova in our app.

As can be seen in the Capacitor vs Cordova comparison here, cordova is dying and Capacitor already took its place with more than 5 times the downloads on npm.

That would be great if Revenuecat launches an official Capacitor plugin as well.