Solved

Not able to connect RevenueCat to the Play Console - Credentials Issue

• 25 January 2022
  • 28 replies

Badge +5

After having subscriptions working correctly in my apps on ios and android, since yesterday I have started receiving an error when connecting to the android play store and it is not possible to make a subscription on android. Anyone know what might be happening?

icon

Best answer by tina 25 January 2022, 22:33

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Diegocidm4 

I’m taking a look at our internal logs and I’m noticing “Invalid Play Store credentials.” error messages. Did you make any changes recently to your credentials? Whether in Google Play Console or in the RevenueCat settings page? If you still have your old generated JSON key, you should re-upload that to the RevenueCat dashboard (making sure there’s no whitespaces). 

Badge +5

Good afternoon, I haven't made any changes to the google credentials or to revenuecat, it just stopped working. In google play console I have had problems in the api access section suddenly, without touching anything.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Diegocidm4 

For API access, you’ll need to enable the Pub/Sub API in the Google Console: https://console.cloud.google.com/flows/enableapi?apiid=pubsub However, you only need to do this if you’re enabling Google Real-Time Developer Notifications. Docs for reference. We also have a community post here about Invalid Play Store Credentials:

It’s strange that the credentials stopped working without any changes. Are you still testing in sandbox or is this app released in production? 

Badge +5

Thank you very much I will review what you tell me.
Unfortunately the subscriptions was working in the real environment and has stopped working with the corresponding inconveniences.

Badge +5

Hello, after reviewing your comment yesterday I have managed to make some progress. I try to explain myself.
I have three applications with three subscriptions that use the same credentials to access the google APIS. After enabling the pub/sub API with the link you provided in your post, I have been able to connect all three apps with google (from the existing button in revenuecat) and one of the apps is working fine again, but the other two keep throwing the google credentials error. does it make any sense?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Diegocidm4 

Glad to hear one of your apps is working now. Since all three apps are using the same credentials, one thing to double check is if the JSON you inputted for all 3 apps are matching. If you go to the Android app in the RevenueCat settings page for each one, you can select “View” next to the Service Account credentials JSON, verify your password, select edit, and copy the entire JSON into a separate text file. Are all 3 credentials the exact same? And do you have subscription prices for all products in the 3 Android apps? 

Badge +5

Hello @tina

I have been having this issue as well. Suddenly the app started to have issues and doing some debuggin now we get the credentials error. I have gone back and re-did the set up, and followed all the steps as mentioned on the Docs and we are still having the same issue. If you can help us further it will be appreciated. This is an app that has been in production. 

Jhoan Arango

Badge +5

Hi, even though you had added the same JSON to the settings for all three apps, you checked the current value and it was different for two of them.
I have updated the JSON again in these two and after several attempts now another one has started to work. There seems to be some problem with the way reveneuecat stores the JSON and sometimes it doesn't store the correct value, so I've had to make multiple attempts to get the setup to work, and right now I have an application that doesn't managed to restore.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Diegocidm4 

We do change the shape of the JSON keys, however this shouldn’t invalidate the JSON keys. I took another look at transactions for your 3 apps and I noticed that you were able to make successful sandbox purchases today. Are you still seeing the Invalid Credentials Error? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Jhoan Arango 

When you re-did the setup did you generate a new JSON key for your service account? It looks like you tried enabling the Google Real-Time notifications earlier today. You can follow this documentation if you need assistance setting that up, be sure to enable Google Cloud Pub/Sub for your project indicated in Step 1.

Badge +5

@tina 

Thank you for getting back to me. I tapped on that link you had posted earlier on here and that and following the instructions from that lead me to enable the “Google Real-Time” notifications. 

Yes, we generated a new JSON key and added it to RevenueCat. Essentially we followed all the steps on the docs again to see if that would fix the issue. But it seems like it has not, and is causing some of my users to not have access to the app due to the app denying access even though they have an active subscription in Google, but is not reflecting in RevenueCat.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Jhoan Arango 

When did you create these keys? It does take up to 36+ hours for those credentials to propagate throughout Google’s servers. Sometimes much shorter, sometimes longer than 36 hours. Unfortunately there isn’t anything we can do to help speed this process other than wait.

Sorry that you both are experiencing issues with this - I wish the error was Google was more informative about the source of the problem, which makes it difficult to figure out what is going on. :/ 

Also, I’m taking a look at your project that has an Android app and I don’t notice Google Real-Time notifications enabled. Did you mean to enable this?

Badge +5

@tina , We did generate these keys today again. I do hope that this will be back to normal soon. And no, I did not mean to enable the Google Real-Time notifications. We followed that link thinking that it may have been a step we needed to do. Will that affect us ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Jhoan Arango 

We followed that link thinking that it may have been a step we needed to do. Will that affect us ?

Nope! That step is optional. It is recommended to set up if you rely on the delivery of integration events or charts. RevenueCat polls the app stores every few hours to get the latest receipt information. Or if the customer opens the app, the transactions will get sent to us through the SDK. With Google Real-Time notifications set up, Google will ping RevenueCat directly of any receipt updates. 

Badge +5

Hi @tina, Yesterday I finally got revenuecat to successfully connect to google play.
But I insist, the solution was to delete and save the same key in revenuecat several times in a row until the correct key was consolidated. What is curious to me is that now the subscriptions work, but in the revenuecat configuration the button to connect with google play does not work, it shows error 400 when I try to connect it in the last two applications.

Thanks for your support.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Diegocidm4 

I took a look at the internal logs for those two apps and the 400 error message is “Google Cloud Pub/Sub API must first be enabled. Enable it by visiting your <redacted link> Google Cloud Platform console.” However, I did notice 200 http status codes afterwards. I’ll take a deeper look into your issue uploading the same key several times. 

Badge +5

The behavior of revenuecat in this case is very confusing. I have the JSON on the clipboard, I paste it in one of the apps and when connecting to google from revenuecat it gives an error 400. I repeat the same operation several times until the connection from the app finally works. With the same JSON on the clipboard.
Regarding the activation of the Pub/Sub API, it doesn't make sense, since I use the same google cloud account for all the apps, and obviously that API is activated.

Badge +5

Hello again, expand more information.
My three apps are working properly connected to google.
If I access the configuration of one of my apps in revenuecat, I see that it is connected to google for notifications, but if I click on the disconnect button I receive a 400 error but the connection with those credentials works from the app. It seems that there is some kind of error in revenuecat.
I don't want this to sound like criticism though, as support is being great.

Badge +5

@tina , I am still having issues, will you please verify any information on my side of the account. I am starting to get a lot of issues from people who’s account should be renewing and are being renewed in Google but is not reflected on RevenueCat. This blocks the user from using the app and me having to give them direct access to their account. 

I understand you said it may take 36 hours or so, but it has already been close to those 36 hours and with no result. I just want to make sure that everything on our end is properly connected.

Thank you for your support.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Diegocidm4 

That experience does sound very confusing, I will try to reproduce this in one of my sample apps to see what could be happening here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Jhoan Arango 

Everything on your end looks properly connected. The credentials format looks good at well. The best of course of action here is to wait for them to fully propagate. If you have your old credentials saved somewhere, it’s worth trying to swap them out to see if that has any effect. Especially since they were working previously. We don’t have much insight in what could have caused them to stop working all of a sudden, we just know that error would occur when RevenueCat is not able to communicate with Google with those credentials. Please keep me updated on this. 

[edit: I took a look at your Play Store transactions it looks like everything is properly working now! :)]

Badge +5

@tina Hello! We have the same issue, but while first setup. We are waiting more then 5 days. We tried to remove all spaces from JSON credentials. Prices for subscriptions are set. Should we remove ‘/n’ character from JSON? Maybe there are other solutions? Also we have created several new credentials and hope it help us but anyway need your help.

Badge +5

@Every Mother try to do this: for API access, you’ll need to enable the Pub/Sub API in the Google Console: https://console.cloud.google.com/flows/enableapi?apiid=pubsub.

Badge +5

@Every Mother try to do this: for API access, you’ll need to enable the Pub/Sub API in the Google Console: https://console.cloud.google.com/flows/enableapi?apiid=pubsub.

@Diegocidm4  Thanks, but already enabled

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Every Mother 

You shouldn’t alter any of the contents of the JSON keys. Have you also double checked that the Play Store package name matches with what’s in your build.gradle file? For your current credentials in the RC dashboard, when did you create them?