Solved

Restoring purchases on Apple Watch

• 11 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

When a user has bought my product from the iOS app, when I try to restore the purchase on the companion Apple Watch app, it does not seem to get it right. I am facing the same issue as this other topic. If using a StoreKit file, there is no error but the entitlement obtained in the iOS app is not retrieved. When I am not using a StoreKit file, the Watch keeps asking to login into my Apple ID (which I'm already logged in) 

How is this flow supposed to work?

Thanks in advance 😻

icon

Best answer by kildos 21 June 2024, 20:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, can you let me know the following:

Badge +2

Hi @Haley Pace , thank you for your response. Finally I was able to solve this issue, and I want to share the lessons I learnt, that could be useful for others.

- Using a StoreKit configuration file works great for testing purchases, but it doesn’t work for restoring purchases. If I make a purchase, delete the app and install it again, if I try to make a restore, the purchase is not restored. I don’t know if this is a bug, but it is what I experienced. If this is the expected behaviour, I feel like RevenueCat documentation (I lost hope with Apple documentation) should state this in a very clear way.

-  When trying to restore in the Apple Watch (without a StoreKit Config file) the purchase made on the iPhone, it was always giving this dialog:

This is only happening with a build from Xcode. I shipped a TestFlight of the app and all the "purchase on iPhone and restore on the Apple Watch" flow worked perfectly!