Solved

iOS 15/Xcode 13 [[RCPurchases sharedPurchases] offeringsWithCompletionBlock:] is never called

• 24 September 2021
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Hi @Andy@smudge.io@Andrew Edwards 

Is this maybe the fix that it is now showing the error that is caused by the test environment of Apple?

I’d be happy to try it but could not make it clear to me how I should try it out in my flutter app. If necessary, I can surely try if you would be able to provide step by step instructions on how I should use this branch in the app.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@smudge.io I believe I should have been more clear as to what the fix does: it only introduces a timeout to ensure that the method at least returns a value. The real fix needs to come from Apple and go into the OS itself, so this timeout (plus some logs) is the best we can do in the meantime. 

From the notes in the summary post

We worked on a patch to address this behavior. While we cannot fix the iOS bug ourselves, we’ve introduced a timeout to the SKProductsRequest, which should ensure that getOfferingsreturns a value (an error, in the case of this bug).

We’ve heard some people report that this issue is fixed in iOS 15.1, but I can’t verify that since I don’t have an account that reproduces the issue in the first place. 

Thanks for testing!! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Sinecan Anhammer 

Is this maybe the fix that it is now showing the error that is caused by the test environment of Apple?

Exactly right, the fix is to actually produce an error instead of waiting forever for Apple to return a value. 

I’d be happy to try it but could not make it clear to me how I should try it out in my flutter app. If necessary, I can surely try if you would be able to provide step by step instructions on how I should use this branch in the app.

I’m working on propagating this fix to Flutter, I will keep you posted. Thanks for offering to test! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

This issue is resolved in iOS 15.1.

Thanks for letting us know!

Badge +1

how to get latest receipt info in webhook after verification done by revenuecat

Badge +2

This issue is however happening to all of my production users who upgraded to iOS 15 (15.2 at the time of writing).   The Purchases.shared.offerings callback has always worked fine in iOS 14 and can run without issue on iOS 15 in the simulator, but when in production or testing on physical device the callback doesn’t fire (ie, not a sandbox account issue).  I noticed this when I checked the monthly report and all iOS purchases had stopped.  Upgraded from v3.11 to v3.14 but still had the same issue.  Could really use some help here if anyone was in the same situation and was able to resolve this problem.  Thanks in advance.

Badge +2

My issue was caused by this.  The IOS upgrade turned out to be a red herring.