Solved

"Invalid Product Identifiers" still after trying all points in reference post

• 25 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am getting a "Invalid Product Identifiers" error followed by this other error:
"None of the products registered in the RevenueCat dashboard could be fetched from App Store Connect [...]".

This is for a new iOS app, not yet live on the App Store. I'm testing on a real device.

I have followed the guides carefully and I have gone over the post here and some other posts in the community but can't figure out what the problem is.

This is all I have checked:

• "The product identifier set in RevenueCat matches exactly with the store". Not really sure what is exactly meant by product identifier here. I have tried both the Bundle ID and the SKU and got the same errors.
  • "You're testing on a physical device and not a simulator". I'm testing on physical device.
  • “The bundle ID in Xcode [iOS] or package name [Android] match what's in App Store Connect or Google Play" Bundle id matches  ✅
  • “If you have both development and production environments for your app, be sure to double check you are using the correct bundle IDs [iOS] or package names [Android]." Just one environment, so no confusion possible. ✅
  • “Products are in the in the 'Ready To Submit' state" Yes, checked.  ✅
  • “You've signed your 'Paid Applications Agreement'" Yes, and also the tax agreement, there are no outstanding agreements.
  • “If you're trying to fetch products from the App Store, ensure you're not using a StoreKit Configuration file". I'm testing on device so no StoreKit file is used. 
  • “Changing the reference name in App Store Connect can also cause products to not fetch on iOS. Create a new product with a different identifier, fill out any missing metadata, and attempt to fetch products again." Not sure what is meant by "reference name" but no renaming has been done, this is a new app. ✅

Any tips, please?

icon

Best answer by ryan 1 March 2022, 02:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey @atineoSE!

"The product identifier set in RevenueCat matches exactly with the store". Not really sure what is exactly meant by product identifier here. I have tried both the Bundle ID and the SKU and got the same errors. ❓

This is referring to the individual product ID from App Store Connect, not your app SKU or Bundle ID.

Product ID in App Store Connect
Product Identifier in RevenueCat

The debug log output will list the product IDs that RevenueCat is attempting to fetch from Apple.

Does this help?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

That solved it, thanks @ryan ! 🙇‍♂️

If I may suggest so, would you consider using the image above in the help page here? The fact that the sample identifier in the original image is similar to a bundle id (e.g. com.myapp.company.900) got me confused. The image you just posted has identifiers with the recommended format elsewhere in the documentation (e.g. FL_1499_1m), which helps to make the mental connection.