Skip to main content

Hello, I am currently having one app which is published as two apps - Free and Paid (Premium). I am currently thinking on making it subscription based for Premium. Plan here is to delist Paid version and add in-app to Free, but main concern now, that I would like to give lifetime access to users, who bought Paid previously. Does anybody have idea, how can I identify if user bought Paid in the past? Thanks in advance.

Hey @Quocker !

You can certainly do this, the setup might be even easier than you were thinking! 

To do this, I would recommend giving all your current paid(premium) users a lifetime entitlement to your new subscription via the API. More information on this can be found here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/dashboard-and-metrics/customer-history/promotionals

You can simply give these users a customer attribute or some sort of flag that denotes that they are currently a paid user, then when you decide to switch to the subscription system you would just make an API call for each of these users or use the dashboard to manually grant them all lifetime entitlements. In this case, old users would keep their lifetime access while new users would have to pay. 

Let me know if that helps and if you have any other questions!