Solved

Google developer

Badge +2

Hello everyone! I received the Service Account Credentials JSON from the Google Developer API and confirmed that permissions to call the subscriptions API, inappproducts API, and monetization API have all been validated.

However, below it says in the Monetization Setup on the play store,

"Please verify if the topic name has been entered in the correct format, if Google Cloud has been properly configured, and if you have the necessary permissions."

Since I am using Korean, I'm not sure if this is the accurate translation. Why does it show like this even though it clearly states that it's validated in Pub/Sub?

icon

Best answer by georges-el-khoury-198d0a 12 March 2024, 16:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Jonghwan 

First time I see that error. I’ve google translated the error from Google and it says that either the topic is wrong or there are permissions problem.

In Google Play Console, can you go to the users’ section, find the user based on the service account you uploaded to RC (email should end in `iam.gserviceaccount.com`).

Can you check that it has the right permissions?

Badge +2

Hello! @MarcosC   Thank you for responding! Yeah! I registered for both...! But I'm still experiencing the same issue. Could there be any other problem?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Jonghwan I’ve checked your app and we are not getting any request, so there’s probably an issue on the Google cloud project.

What I would recommend is to go to the topic section on the Google Cloud console (https://console.cloud.google.com/cloudpubsub/topic/list) for the account associated with the Google Play project. You should see the topic in Play-Store-Notification. If you see it, click on it, click on the subscription ID associated with RevenueCat and on the details section you should see the RC endpoint.

Let me know if you see all of this

Badge +2

@MarcosC

Hi! I found the subscription ID associated with RevenueCat. However, when I click on it, it disappears.

it’s weird. hmm.. in this case, what should I do? 

thank you so much for helping me!

Badge +2

@MarcosC  I tried to check it again,  this error is same with the thing I saw in the morning! in this case, what should I do? thank you so much :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I have never seen this, so we’ll need to figure this out together.

For connect, when connecting to google, what we do is create a topic on Google Cloud and then subscribe to it.

This is what I would try:

From RevenueCat dashboard disconnect Google developer notifications. Check if the subscription to it was removed (the topic won’t be removed afaik)

If it did nothing on Google side, I would just delete the topic on Google side, hard refresh on RevenueCat and connect again so RC creates everything.

If the topic is there, but the subscription to it was deleted, I would try reconnecting from RevenueCat.

if the topic was also deleted, connect again from RC

Badge +2

@MarcosC 

Thank you so much for answering! as you said, I found the endpoint you mentioned! (but the problem is still same though..) now please could you tell me what i should do from now on? thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

If you now go to the Google Play console, and click on send test notification, do you still see the same error?

Badge +2

@MarcosC 

yes :) … it’s weird… I  don’t know why..

Badge +2

@MarcosC 

Is there an issue with something showing as 'Undefined'? What I mean is, while the connection seems possible, before I upload, it's showing as 'Undefined'.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Try hard refreshing the site, maybe a caching issue on the dashboard. I see that you app is currently disconnected

Badge +2

@MarcosC 

thank you so much! I will try to do it and levae it comment again 

@MarcosC I’m seeing the same issue.

Is it possible that we should add google-play-developer-notifications@system.gserviceaccount.com with a role Pub/Sub Publisher?

What do you think? You current documentation does not mention anything related to adding google-play-developer-notifications@system.gserviceaccount.com.

Let us know please.

This is coming from this documentation: https://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/getting-ready#configure-rtdn

This is coming from this documentation: https://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/getting-ready#configure-rtdn

Just confirming that I added google-play-developer-notifications@system.gserviceaccount.com and it is working now. 

Keep me updated please whether this is needed or not.

Badge +2

@georges-el-khoury-198d0a 

thank you so much! i did it as you said. it finally works!!! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@georges-el-khoury-198d0a and @Jonghwan sorry that I couldn’t check this before, I was quite busy :(

Yes, when permissions are listed here (https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/service-credentials/creating-play-service-credentials#tag/offerings_model) and the service account needs to be invited (https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/service-credentials/creating-play-service-credentials#tag/offerings_model)

Badge +2

@MarcosC 

that’s fine! thank you so much for helping me! could I ask you another thing? 

I made new post! thank you!