Hello RevenueCat community,
I am a new user of RevenueCat and am having issues with processing subscription purchases. Here is the relevant information.
- App designed no-code in FlutterFlow
- App connected and products connected in RevenueCat
- App uses Firebase for Users and Authentication information
- Google Analytics functions properly and shows user events
- Licensing is set up for purchases in Google Developer Console with the test account I am using
- RevenueCat extension is set up in Firebase
- Firebase integration is set up in RevenueCat
- RevenueCat service account is active. I have for now given Admin permissions for everything, so there should be no restrictions because I was encountering some access errors earlier that seem to have been fixed.
- The service account JSON was generated and uploaded in RevenueCat and RevenueCat shows connected to Google.
- Firebase, RevenueCat, and Google analytics are enabled and seem to be functioning with FlutterFlow
- Sandbox Data is checked on the overview page
When testing on an android device, purchases function correctly (the Google Play store opens on the bottom screen, and confirms the subscription purchase). The problem is that the test purchases and user information are not showing up in RevenueCat. I see 88 users in the RevenueCat overview, but no further information. No test purchases, no customers, and no event triggers show within RevenueCat.
Some additional questions I have that may be related:
In the RevenueCat docs "Set Firebase User Identity in RevenueCat" it says
"You should make sure to use the Firebase UID as the RevenueCat app user ID when setting the Firebase user identity in RevenueCat. This step is optional, but highly recommended as a best practice for the Google Analytics portion of this integration. The Firebase Extension portion requires this step to be completed."
The firebase UID is the UID logged into my app when making the purchase, is that what this is referring to? If not please explain further.
In the RevenueCat docs it says "Before installing this extension, set up the following Firebase services in your Firebase project.
(optional) Cloud Firestore to store In-App Purchases & Subscriptions details."
Cloud Firestore is working, and storing user data properly, but not anything related to In-App purchases as of yet. Is there additional information for implementing this, if needed? Flutterflow is deferring to RevenueCat for handling this it seems, and there does not seem to be any settings to set up IAP via Firebase and Flutterflow.
Thank you for your time, please get back to me with an answer to my questions or if you need any further information ASAP!
Advanced Mind Programs
Best answer by YousefView original
This post has been picked up in support, but I will leave the partial response for those who come later.
When you say logged into your app, I assume you mean when logged in via Firebase Auth. In that case, yes, it will be the UID on the Firebase user.
This is about storing IAP data from the app stores you are using RevenueCat to connect with within your Firebase project's Firestore, which is just a database. So there won't be any settings to set up IAP via Firebase and Flutterflow. IAP settings (product configurations) are configured through RC and the respective stores only.