Question

Can't delete stripe customers to reconnect them again with RC

• 25 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi there, 

I’m using this script to connect a stripe subscription to a RC User ID (aka posting receipts):

curl -X POST \
https://api.revenuecat.com/v1/receipts \
-H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
-H 'X-Platform: stripe' \
-H 'Authorization: Bearer YOUR_REVENUECAT_STRIPE_APP_PUBLIC_API_KEY' \
-d '{ "app_user_id": "my_app_user_id",
"fetch_token": "sub_xxxxxxxxxx"
}'

Sometimes I make a mistake and then delete the RC customer, so I can reconnect them again. But now I’m running into various issues.

First, after deleting in RC, I still can’t post the receipt to another RC User ID. I get a "Failed: Bad Request" response.

Second, even after deletion, I still see the user ID in Stripe (I’m using the RC plugin in Stripe to open the customer page on the right). So the user is after all not really deleted, what would the failed request explain.

After deleting I can’t find the customer anymore in the RC UI though.

Also, the original user ID didn’t have the entitlement although the stripe purchase was visible in the history.

Something has changed I feel, what could I do to investigate or fix this?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey There,

Deleting a user from RevenueCat won't cancel their subscriptions which might have something to do with the issue that you are seeing here. 

On a side note, cancellations in Stripe are automatically detected by RevenueCat the same way as subscriptions from the app stores. This means there may be up to a two-hour delay between when the subscription is cancelled in Stripe and when the cancellation is reflected in the RevenueCat backend.

Second, even after deletion, I still see the user ID in Stripe (I’m using the RC plugin in Stripe to open the customer page on the right). So the user is after all not really deleted, what would the failed request explain.

Deleting the user on the RC dashboard wont delete them from Stripe as our deletion on the UI is only to delete them from the RevenueCat dashboard and database.

Since this has multiple questions, I suggest reaching out and submitting a ticket so we can look more into this: https://app.revenuecat.com/settings/support

Badge +3

Thanks, have opened a ticket! It’s not about cancellation, but using the receipt endpoint to connect the RC ID with a stripe subscription. Somehow RC behaves as if there are two IDs for the same user, though the IDs look identical.