Question

What happens if user with defined app id subscribes from ios platform and changes to android or vice versa?

• 29 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Consider a situation where user had subscribed to any of the plans in one platform (assume ios) and later due to some reason user has to change to different platform (say android) or vice versa. 

How to best handle this situation ? User doesn’t seem to see active entitlement.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Willow ,

We have a useful document on this here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/user-ids#sharing-subscriptions-across-apps-and-platforms

Anonymous App User IDs are not able to share subscription status across apps and platforms, so you'll need to identify with a custom App User ID via your own authentication system.

As long as you are identifying the user ID on your end and not relying on anonymous ID’s, then the subscription will be accessible on another platform when that user logs in. 

Badge +4

Hi @Michael Fogel Thanks for the reply. But I have provided custom user Id while configuring.
https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/user-ids#provide-app-user-id-on-configuration

I don’t think we need to login explicitly if we provide custom defined User ID while configuration itself or do we ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Willow , 

You would need to be able to have this user be configured with the same ID across different platforms. Which would involve having that user login and calling the login method with the correct ID. 

Badge +4

@Michael Fogel When using in another platform, my code flow would be the same. So in while using in another platform also, code first configure with same app user id. Does it still requires login?

I am using defined app user id across the platform. But i donot see active entitlement that i had received from one platform in another despite of using the same app user id

Badge +4

Well! now it is working as expected.

Thanks @Michael Fogel 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Awesome, glad to hear!