Question

This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play. check the help center for more information.

Badge +1

I’ve implemented revenuecat for in-app purchase with google play. I’ve done all steps carefully, but when purchasing in testing mode, it gives this error “This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play. check the help center for more information”. I have wasted more than a month solving this error. Nothing works for me. Please help.

Thanks!

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Muhammad Waqas,

I see you opened a support ticket, but I’d recommend follow our guide and ensuring you have published your app on a closed track and have added a licensed tester. Additionally, you’ll need to double check that Google Play is installed on the device you are testing. You can read more here: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/google-play-store  

Badge +1

Hi @cody thanks for your reply.

I followed your documentation and a tutorial as well. Moreover, I had already implemented in an app before for subscription through revenuecat for google playstore. This time I’m getting this error. 

Regarding publication app for closed testers, my app is published for both closed and open testers and I’ve Google play installed in my mobile device.

Still seeking for solution.

Waiting for your response.

Regards

Badge

@Muhammad Waqas 

I’m also having this issue, is it fixed now? If so how did you fix it?

Badge +1

I have resolved the issue. The problem was I had linked incorrect app on google play store in for API access section. Also make sure to select and save testers list in License Testing.

Badge +2

I’m having the same error, and I’m afraid I didn’t understand the author’s solution or the instructions on https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/google-play-store.

Specifically, I don’t understand what version of the app is supposed to be connected to Closed Testing. Are we supposed to make and upload a new build? And if so, how do we debug that build on a test device? At the moment, I am developing/testing with an Expo custom dev client on my device, so that I can see the console output and make adjustments to the code as needed. If I make and upload a new build to Closed Testing, then how can I employ this testing/development methodology?

Someone please help me understand how this works!

Badge +1

I’m having the same error, and I’m afraid I didn’t understand the author’s solution or the instructions on https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/google-play-store.

Specifically, I don’t understand what version of the app is supposed to be connected to Closed Testing. Are we supposed to make and upload a new build? And if so, how do we debug that build on a test device? At the moment, I am developing/testing with an Expo custom dev client on my device, so that I can see the console output and make adjustments to the code as needed. If I make and upload a new build to Closed Testing, then how can I employ this testing/development methodology?

Someone please help me understand how this works!

I don't know exactly how I did it but I managed to make payments on a devlopment build with a test card. 
I released an aab version of the application for internal testing then connected expo to my google account (https://docs.expo.dev/submit/android/) and when I built a devlopment version, payment was possible (don't forget to click on the link to enter internal testing!).

I hope this helps

Badge +2

@eragon4445, that’s interesting. Thanks for the reply!

Do you know if submitting an android build via EAS Submit goes direct to Production, or can you send a build to Closed Testing like that?  Since I’m still trying to test in-app purchases, I don’t want my current build to go out to live users.

THANKS!

Badge

@Mike Davis Hey Mike, were you able to find a way to debug the build on a test device?

Badge +2

@moasfour, yes I was.  I opened my own thread which documented my issue reasonably thoroughly:

If you skip to the last comment and work your way backwards as needed, hopefully it will help you.  If you don’t find what you need in there, let me know, and I’ll see if I can provide a little more info from my experience.

Badge

@moasfour, yes I was.  I opened my own thread which documented my issue reasonably thoroughly:

If you skip to the last comment and work your way backwards as needed, hopefully it will help you.  If you don’t find what you need in there, let me know, and I’ll see if I can provide a little more info from my experience.

Yes that helped. Thanks!