Question

There was an unknown backend error. Error creating subscriber alias. Alias limit reached. (7255)

• 31 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

This is the error I’m getting. Is there way to fix it somehow?

[Purchases] - ERROR: 💰 Product purchase for 'mw_999_1y_2w0' failed with error: Error Domain=RevenueCat.ErrorCode Code=16 "There was an unknown backend error. Error creating subscriber alias. Alias limit reached. (7255)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=There was an unknown backend error. Error creating subscriber alias. Alias limit reached. (7255), NSUnderlyingError=0x283f72e20 {Error Domain=RevenueCat.BackendErrorCode Code=-1 "Error creating subscriber alias. Alias limit reached. (7255)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error creating subscriber alias. Alias limit reached. (7255), rc_backend_error_code=7255}}, rc_backend_error_code=7255, readable_error_code=UNKNOWN_BACKEND_ERROR, rc_response_status_code=400, source_function=convertUnsuccessfulResponseToError(), source_file=RevenueCat/HTTPClient.swift:410}

thanks

6 replies

Badge +8

I’m also interested in the answer as I’m having the same issue with a user!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I switched to “usesStoreKit2IfAvailable: true” hoping it might make a difference. It didn’t, but the error was less specific:

API request failed: POST /v1/receipts: The receipt is not valid. The purchased product was missing in the receipt. This is typically due to a bug in StoreKit. 

I deleted the customer, which is me. It said I was already subscribed but then it did work, so we’ll see.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

This is why I hate community boards as a support mechanism. Your chance of getting a reply is near zero so you are just stuck. It makes it hard to recommend revenuecat.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Todd Hoff The problem is not with the purchase itself, it’s that you are probably sending every single purchase from the same device with different user ID, causing them to be aliased and you reached the limit

Is this happening in Sandbox / Testing or also in Production?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I know why it's happening. I let the login occur after the purchase and associate after. So as this is my account it happens a lot.

So how can it be fixed? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Todd Hoff as this is happening on your account, can you delete it? Then a restore purchase should bring back your purchases