Subscription works in testflight, not production. IAP approved for over 48 hours.

• 31 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am unable to load an IAP/subscription after it has been approved for over 48 hours.

Left a comment on an older post, but wanted to make a second thread for visibility. (Hope that’s cool) If I run the app on simulator, a local device, or test flight everything loads perfect.

• Subscription has been approved for over 48 hours.
  • Subscription loads fine on local/testflight.
  • Filled out all agreements.

App is in pending developer release. I downloaded the app from the app store with a generated code, and in app purchases do not work.

I ran the production app and plugged my phone in to view the console. Still getting “Could not find SkProduct for ( “my_product_name”) There is a problem with your configuration”, but only in production. “my_product_name” is not in the actual log, I did not include my real product name.

I was wondering if there is anything I could still be missing, or do I need to wait longer? The in app purchase was approved on Saturday at 11 AM. It is not Monday, 6:45 PM.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I can’t edit my post, so added some more info. Here are the logs from my production app:

default	20:40:24.434202-0400	Runner	[Purchases] - DEBUG: ℹ️ API request completed with status: GET /v1/subscribers/********/offerings 200
default 20:40:24.434345-0400 Runner [Purchases] - DEBUG: ℹ️ Requesting products from the store with identifiers: {(
"burntbase_monthly"

)}
default 20:40:24.598733-0400 Runner [Purchases] - DEBUG: ℹ️ Products request finished.
default 20:40:24.598833-0400 Runner [Purchases] - DEBUG: 💰 Retrieved SKProducts:
default 20:40:24.599008-0400 Runner [Purchases] - WARN: 🍎‼️ Invalid Product Identifiers - (
"burntbase_monthly"
)
default 20:40:24.599173-0400 Runner [Purchases] - DEBUG: ℹ️ 1 completion handlers waiting on products
default 20:40:24.599379-0400 Runner [Purchases] - WARN: 🍎‼️ Could not find SKProduct for (
"burntbase_monthly"
)
There is a problem with your configuration in App Store Connect.
More info here: https://errors.rev.cat/configuring-products
default 20:40:24.606324-0400 Runner [Purchases] - DEBUG: ℹ️ Vending PurchaserInfo from cache.
default 20:40:40.833985-0400 Runner [Purchases] - DEBUG: ℹ️ Vending Offerings from cache
default 20:40:40.836437-0400 Runner [VERBOSE-2:ui_dart_state.cc(199)] Unhandled Exception: type 'Null' is not a subtype of type 'Package' in type cast
#0 RevenueCatService.purchase (package:bbflutter/services/revenue_cat_service.dart:8)
<asynchronous suspension>
default 20:40:42.304882-0400 Runner [Purchases] - DEBUG: ℹ️ Vending Offerings from cache

Here is it working in sandbox (same behavior in testflight):

Here is the in-app purchases approved Saturday morning:

Agreements signed:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @BurntBase! 👋

If the app has never been released on the App Store, it must be released before in-app purchases will work in production, even if you download with a code. We recommend releasing, then waiting up to 24 hours to ensure purchases work as expected before starting marketing/release campaigns.

After the app has been released, additional products you may add in the future don’t require an app update to work after being approved by Apple (it’s usually just the first, initial release that causes the delay).

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@cody ahh thank you! Releasing now, I was really confused about this one. I was going off this blog post: https://www.revenuecat.com/blog/the-ultimate-guide-to-subscription-testing-on-ios#production and did not realize I had to release first. I will post an update in this thread in 24-48 hours to confirm.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@cody Update, released the app and in-app purchases instantly worked. Thank you guys again for the awesome product and appreciate the support!