Question

Should I add a dedicated free trial button to my paywall?

• 18 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Title mostly says it all. :)

Currently I have two subscription products configured: a yearly and a monthly. I thought it’s nicer to tie the trial to the monthly subscription. But the main question is whether I should add a dedicated button saying “Start trial” or something like that, even though if I understood correctly (please correct me if I’m wrong) my monthly subscription is the actual trial product, and there’s no standalone trial available.

So again, the question if it’s best practice to  add a dedicated Trial button even though I have the button for the monthly subscription already on my paywall.

Thanks! 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Bence Blaske!

The trial itself is part of a product - it’s up to you to determine how you want to display it, but you could use the `checkTrialOrIntroductoryEligibility` method to determine if a user is eligible for a trial (so you can display that phrasing) rather than just the button for the product. The key is to be really clear about what your CTA’s are referencing, as to not lead to a confusing situation that could cause a rejection during App Review.

Others may have thoughts or paywall suggestions, I’ll leave this open for others to chime in!