Solved

Should a StoreKit Configuration File be excluded from app submissions?

• 2 December 2022
  • 4 replies

We’re on the seemingly endless treadmill of missing receipts and offerings for our first iOS app store review and had a seemingly simple question that we struggled to find a good answer to.

Should we remove our synced StoreKit Configuration File from our scheme before archiving to submit to the app store? 

Or is that file only used for xcode testing, so leaving it in the build is fine?

Thanks.

-nate

icon

Best answer by imougy 2 December 2022, 20:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I might be answering a different question but bare with me.  You mentioned missing receipts and offerings for your first review, I assume you mean Apple is rejecting the app?

Is your testing fine? You see your offering in your TestFlight etc…?

if both are yes, then don’t worry about Apple rejection, keep submitting the same binary and eventually Apple will accept, their Enviroment is not solid and have flaws. 

Yep, we were seeing good testing, but rejections in the app store.  I’ve followed that advice from all the other threads on the issue (and even recreated the subs just in case that helps), so hoping to get through eventually.

My question was about the specific setting of associating the .storekit file with the Target.  I was a bit worried that maybe that file would be somehow shipped with the production archive and that RevenueCat would _only_ look at that file for products, not the actual App Store products.

Sounds like you’re saying that’s not the case, just wanted to verify.  Thanks!

-nate

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey Nate! Just on the note about using StoreKit files - as long as you didn’t add the StoreKit test files to your Archive scheme, there shouldn’t be any issue here. Just don’t embed the file itself into the target.

Hey Nate! Just on the note about using StoreKit files - as long as you didn’t add the StoreKit test files to your Archive scheme, there shouldn’t be any issue here. Just don’t embed the file itself into the target.

Yep. Can confirm this doesn’t matter as it’s only set in the “Run”/Debug part of the scheme.  So, there’s no need to worry about that file causing issues during review.