Question

Play store and Sand Box not synchronized

• 5 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi

I implemented RevenueCat in my Flutter app. Now I am testing on my real Android device. It usually works, but sometimes not as expected.

My greatest concern is that sometimes SandBox data and Play Store data aren’t synchronized. 

I made a purchase and it renewed 5 times as I can see on Play Store, but on Sand Box Revenue data it says it renewed only 2 times (once it was 4 times, and in other occasions it was 5 times as it should be). What does this mean? If user renews subscription, user will see he is subscribed on Play Store, but he won’t have premium access since I only rely on RevenueCat regarding someone is premium or not.

How is this possible to not have full synchronization? This is major bug.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @ivnaDeveloper !

This is most likey just an issue and sandbox and wouldn't happen in production. 

In general, the sandbox environments behave nearly identical to the production environments. That being said, we recommend to test only the flow of a purchase in sandbox mode, and not metadata-related tests on products. This is because:

1. Store APIs often do not return accurate prices across regions, including in TestFlight on iOS
  2. Store APIs often do not return accurate names and descriptions for products

While the production environment is generally more stable than the sandbox environment, we're not able to provide support on why store APIs are not up to date at any given moment. For this reason, we recommend only testing the flow of a purchase in sandbox mode instead. For example:

1. Initiate a purchase
  2. Complete a purchase
  3. Verify content has been unlocked

This will ensure you are properly unlocking content for a purchase, and in production you'll see more accurate metadata.