Question

originalAppUserId - how does it work?

• 30 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi, 
I am using a Auto-renewable subscriptions in my app(Android/Flutter). Now I using “test card”/test mode. This is my user case:
1. My test user have google acc test@test.com(example).
2. I create a subscription for the first time. I got originalAppUserId - value1.
3. time passes 20-30 (minutes) - the test subscription becomes inactive. also i can uninstall the app.
4. I create a new subscription (second time). I got originalAppUserId - value2.
5. the value1 of originalAppUserId  the first and second times are not equal.
this is right? I expected that these values will be equal(Unique and equal value for current google acc).

Can I get unique value from store account(email/id) using  sdk? or is it imposiible?

then I need to create the user id myself? For example, add authorization to the application using a Google account? will this work?

any options - I will be very grateful for the help.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @RockStar , we do not have access to the Google Play account (ID / email / ...), so if you want some kind of persistent user ID (that persists between uninstalling and reinstalling), you will have to create it yourself (e.g., through authentication).

However, this really depends what you are trying to achieve with this kind of persistent user ID. RevenueCat creates a random user ID (anonymous user ID), however, that doesn’t persist between uninstalling and reinstalling (since all data for the app is wiped in the process).