Solved

Non-Consumable Unlock all purchase Restore after moving to RevenueCat

• 27 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

1. I had a non-consumable Unlock All purchase in my app before moving to RevenueCat. I’ve had iOS users who purchased it before RevenueCat integration. Let’s call these users User from the past.
  2. Recently I moved to RevenueCat and created a new auto-renewable purchase (Subscription Unlock All) using RevenueCat code and removed the old code responsible for non-consumable purchase from my app completely (including the old restore functions that worked). The app has a restore button and it calls Purchases.shared.restoreTransactions for restoring Subscription Unlock All purchases, it works correctly.
  3. Now, I would like to Unlock All Features and add the ability to restore purchases for every user from the past who purchased a non-consumable Unlock All purchase before RevenueCat integration. 

THE QUESTION:

Am I right that in a Revenuecat dashboard I just need to add my old non-consumable Unlock All product to the Entitlement that is working for a Subscription Unlock All purchase and this will restore purchases for the non-consumable purchaser from the past if he will tap Restore and call Purchases.shared.restoreTransactions?

Currently in a RevenueCat dashboard for my app I’m seeng an alarm sign for non-consumable purchase (because it is not added to any entitlements currently). If I will add a non-consumable Unlock All to the existing entitlement, and after that the user will tap restore firing a Purchases.shared.restoreTransactions RevenueCat method, will RevenueCat system handle a restore for a non-consumable Unlock All purchase for purchasers from the past who purchased non-consumable?

Should I do something else to make it work correctly?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by sundeep 28 August 2021, 03:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Alexander,

Am I right that in a Revenuecat dashboard I just need to add my old non-consumable Unlock All product to the Entitlement that is working for a Subscription Unlock All purchase and this will restore purchases for the non-consumable purchaser from the past if he will tap Restore and call Purchases.shared.restoreTransactions?

Yes, you'll want to add the old product to the entitlement. Then, when the user hits Restore Purchases, they'll gain access to the entitlement and (assuming you've set up the logic for it) gain access to the content tied to that entitlement. 

Currently in a RevenueCat dashboard for my app I’m seeng an alarm sign for non-consumable purchase (because it is not added to any entitlements currently). If I will add a non-consumable Unlock All to the existing entitlement, and after that the user will tap restore firing a Purchases.shared.restoreTransactions RevenueCat method, will RevenueCat system handle a restore for a non-consumable Unlock All purchase for purchasers from the past who purchased non-consumable?

Yes, as long as your old users use an app with the Purchases SDK configured on it, when they hit Restore Purchases, their receipt will be synced with RevenueCat and they'll gain access to the entitlement. Since you mention the product is a non-consumable, the entitlement will unlock the associated content forever

Just for reference, we also have a useful article on migrating subscriptions that might be worth looking over: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/migrating-existing-subscriptions.

Does this answer your question? Let me know if you need any more clarification.

Badge +2

Thanks a lotfor your Help, @sundeep !