Skip to main content

Hi, I’m using UIKit so I don’t know if this is also a problem with a SwiftUI implementation, but I just noticed a major issue with RevenueCat Paywalls.

When you’re using an iPad (or an iPhone Pro Max in Landscape mode) and setting up the paywall with displayCloseButton: true, the paywall is either completely blank or with a split-view menu on the leftI tried a bunch of stuff to try to lock the PaywallViewController to portrait mode but none of it worked.

I upload a screenshot took on an iPad Pro 11’’ running iPadOS 17 and the 2 others are from my iPhone 15 Pro Max running iOS 17.

(the same bug happens on iOS 15 and 16)

I actually found where the issue comes from (I updated my post it’s because of the displayCloseButton parameter) so maybe we should close this post ? 

I created a ticket on github: https://github.com/RevenueCat/purchases-ios/issues/3465

Thanks again for reporting! I made a PR with the fix and replied in github, maybe we can close this one out and keep the conversation unified there

Still an issue. Had to discontinue iPad support for my app for this reason alone. I would hate for this to be the reason to have to stop using RC, everything else is great. But I can’t justify not supporting iPad either. I’m referring to the UI, not the close button.

@VR93 which version of the SDK are you using? I just tested on a sample app and it’s displaying correctly on my iPad in Landscape: 

If you’re on the latest iOS SDK (4.32.2 at the time of writing) and still seeing issues, how are you presenting the paywall?