Question

Major issue with RevenueCat Paywall on iPad / iPhone Pro Max landscape mode

• 21 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi, I’m using UIKit so I don’t know if this is also a problem with a SwiftUI implementation, but I just noticed a major issue with RevenueCat Paywalls.

When you’re using an iPad (or an iPhone Pro Max in Landscape mode) and setting up the paywall with displayCloseButton: true, the paywall is either completely blank or with a split-view menu on the leftI tried a bunch of stuff to try to lock the PaywallViewController to portrait mode but none of it worked.

I upload a screenshot took on an iPad Pro 11’’ running iPadOS 17 and the 2 others are from my iPhone 15 Pro Max running iOS 17.

(the same bug happens on iOS 15 and 16)

4 replies

Badge +2

I actually found where the issue comes from (I updated my post it’s because of the displayCloseButton parameter) so maybe we should close this post ? 

I created a ticket on github: https://github.com/RevenueCat/purchases-ios/issues/3465

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks again for reporting! I made a PR with the fix and replied in github, maybe we can close this one out and keep the conversation unified there

Badge +3

Still an issue. Had to discontinue iPad support for my app for this reason alone. I would hate for this to be the reason to have to stop using RC, everything else is great. But I can’t justify not supporting iPad either. I’m referring to the UI, not the close button.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@VR93 which version of the SDK are you using? I just tested on a sample app and it’s displaying correctly on my iPad in Landscape: 

If you’re on the latest iOS SDK (4.32.2 at the time of writing) and still seeing issues, how are you presenting the paywall?