Skip to main content

Hi, I left the StoreKit APIs alone and just signed up for RevenueCat today for my iOS app.
However, there was one feature from StoreKit APIs that I really liked. Their StoreViews (specifically the subscription store view) is really nice and intuitive. But I’m confused about one thing. Looking at the RevCat docs, it looks like I should be making all purchase calls through their API. If I use a StoreView, then Apple will be handling the payment and I’m not sure if I’m following best practices here. It kind of feels like I need to choose a side. Either, use RevCat fully, or StoreKit fully, and not try to mix and match. Any thoughts?

Hi @Serg, it is possible to continue to use StoreViews while using RevenueCat. Instead of using our SDKs purchase methods, you can tell the SDK that your purchases are not to be completed by us, and instead by StoreKit2. We’ll watch these purchases but not “complete” them, and you won’t use our purchase methods to make purchases.

Also, we have our own paywalls (with a more flexible version coming out shortly) that you may want to take a look at. If they can suit your needs, you could instead fully use RevenueCat without having to implement the above workaround.