Skip to main content
Question

iOS: SKProductsRequest took too long to complete

• 4 February 2024
  • 34 replies

Hey!

I’m getting rejections from Apple due to the fact that products are not loaded on the paywall during their review. In the logs I see that revenuecat sdk returns “SKProductsRequest took too long to complete” after a very long timeout. And I’m not successful in reproducing this behaviour locally or with any other test devices.

I’m using React Native and what I do in the code is simply call `await Purchases.getOfferings();` and using `7.6.0` version of the library.

I don’t have any additional logs or information since SDK only throws this error. Any advice on how to debug or resolve this?

34 replies

Badge +2

Experiencing this problem too. Never encountered it before. Please provide a status update.

Badge

Yup definitely experiencing that as well everywhere : in Production, in Debug, and in Test Flight ...

Badge +5

I am experiencing this as well, only in production in the wild, and cannot repro locally no matter how many times I try. Early days for my app but already in Sentry I see 48 users and 182 events for this issue, by far the highest out of any. RC team please assist, thank you!

Badge

The RevenueCat SDK 5.0 has been published for iOS, does it fix the problem? Did anyone test ? Or anyone at RC can confirm ?

Badge +3

Same issue here. 

Did some investigation with with different versions but the versioning seems a bit all over the place

Here is our (Expo) setup: 

"react-native-purchases": "^7.3.1",
"react-native": "0.74.3",

Error: SKProductsRequest took too long to complete.

Not able to reproduce locally or in TestFlight. Error happens only in production and affects roughly ~20% of our users (over the last 72h). 

Given how critical this issue is and how long this has been open (~ 5 months) - can this please be prioritised?

I’m facing this issue as well on Aug 27th at 17:30 UTC. Right now it’s preventing me from logging into my app. Currently I’m depending on these API calls when I log in a user but it seems like maybe I need to fetch this data in the background. I don’t know. This is a disappointing issue for me.

Everything was working fine its been an hour since this happened.
[Error: SKProductsRequest took too long to complete.]
What do you mean its related to app review?

Is RevenueCat having service interruptions? I’m also experiencing an error SKErrorDomain at Aug 27, 14:30 UTC which didn’t appear before. 

Edited:

Nevermind, I followed this links instructions - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58020258/requesting-an-in-app-purchase-in-ios-13-fails and was able to resolve the issue. 

I’m not sure why I didn’t need a storekit configuration file before but my issue was resolved. 

Badge +5

I’m seeing the same error now (Aug 27), restarting the app doesn’t help.