Solved

iOS - Second purchase of a consumable returns first purchase data

• 4 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hey.

We have defined 3 consumables, each one with it’s own price. There are multiple items to purchase in our app and because we want them to be dynamic, they’re all linked to one of the specified consumables, based on their price. 

The problem I'm seeing is the following. I start the app and buy one of the items (Item 1) that is linked with one of the consumables. The purchase goes through and I verify the purchase with our backend and set the item to “purchased”. If I then find another item (Item 2) that is linked to the same consumable. When calling Purchases.shared.purchase(), the SDK automatically returns the transaction I made before for the item 1, instead of going through the purchase flow. This fails the verification on our backend and the user is unable to buy the Item 2.

This only occurs if the app session stays the same. If I close the app and reopen it, I can buy Item 2 without a problem.

Is there a way to clear the cache or somehow force the SDK to always try the purchase?

All this is on a sandbox environment.

icon

Best answer by Svarog 13 October 2022, 08:19

View original

2 replies

Badge

I have exactly the same issue (3 consumables with different prices)
@Svarog did you find the solution?

Badge +1

@Jacek I did.

I opened an issue on the SDK Github page. They looked at it and found out they had a bug. The fix was merged 2 days ago, but I’m still waiting for the new release version to be put out, which I’m guessing it’s gonna be soon.

Here’s the link to the Github issue:

https://github.com/RevenueCat/purchases-ios/issues/1964