Skip to main content

If you’re here, it’s probably because you’ve encountered an active issue related to Apple’s receipt verification.

RevenueCat relies upon Apple’s `verifyReceipt` endpoint which is currently facing an outage: https://developer.apple.com/system-status/

This seems to be affecting sandbox and TestFlight purchases only at this time, although Apple’s status page doesn’t mention it explicitly.

Encountering this issue? Post below ⬇️ RevenueCat isn’t able to resolve this at this time from our end, but it may help bring awareness and ease to other developers facing the same issue.

Update 2/8/23 19:20 UTC:

Customers (and me 😃) reporting things are working as expected again - post below if you’re still having trouble, seems like a slow rollout of a fix from Apple.

Update 2/8/23 17:40 UTC:

Apple’s reporting the issue is fixed, but we’re still encountering errors. Will provide another update as soon as possible.

Hope they will resolve it soon ! :) 

Update: Apple’s reporting the issue is fixed, but we’re still encountering errors. Will provide another update as soon as possible.

Update: Apple’s reporting the issue is fixed, but we’re still encountering errors. Will provide another update as soon as possible.

For me, it is working 😍

For me, it is working 😍

im still facing this error untill now  , are you happy now ?😂

I’m located in the US. Not fixed for me yet. 

For me, it is working 😍

im still facing this error untill now  , are you happy now ?😂

More than happy !! 😂

I’m located in the US. Not fixed for me yet. 

It just started working !!! 

@cody What’s the appropriate behavior of an app if it encounters a “Receipt Invalid” response during a purchase?  Not only is it showing “Receipt Invalid” but looking up entitlements in customerinfo shows an empy list, and that’s how my app checks for a subscription.  Does this mean that during this issue there is no way to check if a user is subscribed, or is there a workaround?

I just tested via TestFlight with a real icloud account, I’m still seeing the issue, getting receipt invalid after a purchase, entitlements return empty from Revenuecat, if I try to purchase again it says already subscribed.

I was able to make a consumable and sub purchase in the sandbox for the first time since Monday night.  I did it on my iPad. When I did a restore purchases attempt on my iPhone I got the same invalid receipt nonsense I’ve been getting since Tuesday BUT when I backed out of my purchases view the app recognized that a sub was valid and adjusted accordingly. I’m just glad things are back to normal so that I can keep developing.

For me it is still not working, I am trying to buy a subscription in sandbox mode (testflight) on iOS.

Still having this issue in West US when testing using a sandbox user on a device. I am getting an Apple purchases success modal for the purchase first, then getting the “receipt not valid” error. If I wait to click “Ok” on the Apple success modal it appears to work, but if clicking “Ok” quickly it throw “receipt not valid”.

Could be a race condition issue on Apple’s end? Hopefully it’s actually only affecting sandbox.

The exact same problem is happening to me @Dylan Thomas

Same here in Europe. Not resolved! Still not working. Expo with Revenuecat eas development build:

{"code":"8","message":"The receipt is not valid.","domain":"RevenueCat.ErrorCode","userInfo":{"NSUnderlyingError":{"code":"7103","message":"underlying error","domain":"RevenueCat.BackendErrorCode","userInfo":{"NSLocalizedDescription":"The receipt is not valid."},"nativeStackIOS" blablabla

Those of you still having trouble try signing out of your sandbox account and back in again.  On my iPad I just tried a sub purchase and it was failing repeatedly.  After sign out/in it worked on the first attempt.

Thanks @Chris-29 my subscriptions are working now.
Hey @Dylan Thomas and @user9837291 try the @Chris-29 `s solution.

Signing out and back in with a sandbox account worked, but logging in with my iCloud account on TestFlight still did not work!  I know behind the scenes Apple makes a Sandbox account for TestFlight users, how can I force it to log out of that account to fix this issue?

Signing out and back in with a sandbox account worked, but logging in with my iCloud account on TestFlight still did not work!  I know behind the scenes Apple makes a Sandbox account for TestFlight users, how can I force it to log out of that account to fix this issue?

Try creating a new tester account

Hi! Worked for a few hours and the problems started again. Is it really so? The Apple page says that the service is working properly, but I started getting sandbox errors again

update: worked again after several attempts, without changing anything

I still have the issue with a StoreKit config file and iOS simulator. Are there any updates on this issue?

I still have the issue with a StoreKit config file and iOS simulator. Are there any updates on this issue?

I'm trying via testflight and it's working correctly, I haven't tested it with StoreKit

Still seeing this on the most recent version of the revenue cat SDK (react native js). This is not an issue production at all? Only in testFlight?

I just got this today. Is it still a thing?

I’m getting this today as well

Domain=RevenueCat.ErrorCode Code=8 "The receipt is not valid." UserInfo={source_function=convertUnsuccessfulResponseToError(), source_file=RevenueCat/HTTPClient.swift:415, NSLocalizedDescription=The receipt is not valid., readable_error_code=INVALID_RECEIPT, NSUnderlyingError=0x600003a040c0 {Error Domain=RevenueCat.BackendErrorCode Code=7103 "The receipt is not valid." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The receipt is not valid., rc_backend_error_code=7103}}, rc_response_status_code=400, rc_backend_error_code=7103}

cc @cody Looks like this is back???

:( 

I copied the example code that had usesStoreKit2IfAvailable set to true. I changed it false, and I see the error much less, but I have to release the app again.