Skip to main content
Solved

Invoices

• 21 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I am trying to use invoices api for my iOS app to verify payments.

It’s unclear to me if the invoices api is in beta or not due to seemingly conflicting information.

In the RevenueCat Documentation “RevenueCat Billing … currently in beta”:

​​​​In the API V2 Documentation

In the above screenshot we don’t see any warning for beta use. Is this api get request reliable for production use to verify how many invoices have been processed by a given customer? If yes, how long until after the payment is processed do the invoices updates (minutes/hours/days?). Also what is the lifetime of invoices. Do they never expire? 

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @my-username-d75411,

The notice you see on the API is specifically about the RevenueCat Billing/WebSDK feature, which is new and still in beta at this time. You can see the same notice on the documentation page for RC Billing: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/web/revenuecat-billing

Sorry for the confusion here! The API endpoint itself is not in beta, just the feature for which it is providing invoices. 

The GET /invoices endpoint will respond with a list of all the customer’s invoices which can be used to verify how many a customer has received. The invoice will update when data that pertains to the invoice is updated - for example, the `next_attempt_at` field when a customer is within a billing retry period. The invoices can be expired when marked as void - as in the previous case of a billing issue.