Question

Implementing Offer Codes in RevenueCatUI Paywall

• 11 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I’m using the RevenueCat Paywall UI component in React-Native, however there seems to be no way for a customer to input a discount code to get a percentage decrease on the product. 

We have setup a discount code in Apple Subscription and it’s linked to a product we are showing the customers in the paywall but there seems to be no way of the customer redeeming a code like you can see in the Apple Documentation below

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/in-app-purchase#Supporting-offer-codes

The only way I could get this to work is to engage the presentCodeRedemptionSheet function. 

<RevenueCatUI.Paywall

onDismiss={() => router.replace("/(app)/(tabs)/")}

/>

<TouchableOpacity style={{marginBottom: 24}} onPress={() => Purchases.presentCodeRedemptionSheet()}>Redeem Offer</TouchableOpacity>

This post has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

If you’re referring to an Offer Code specifically, we recommend redirected to the App Store to complete the purchase. Typically, this link is surfaced when the user is given an Offer code, rather than on a paywall. But I can forward this to our Paywalls team as a feature request for an optional “redeem offer” link/button to be added to the paywall.

Badge +2

Thank you, I’ve seen paywalls that have a redeem button at the bottom which would be really useful.