Solved

How to test checkTrialOrIntroductoryPriceEligibility on iOS?

• 25 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Running a Development Build as well as a TestFlight build both return UNKNOWN STATUS for the iOS method `checkTrialOrIntroductoryPriceEligibility`. 

I have read other posts that state Sandbox users won’t have a receipt on file to validate, but won’t brand new users NOT have a receipt on file to validate as well? Shouldn’t this scenario make them eligible? 

Also why would a TestFlight build be returning Unknown Status? 

I am hesitant to use this method if I can’t even get it to return anything but Unknown. 

"react-native-purchases": "^6.1.0"

icon

Best answer by sharif 29 January 2024, 15:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey @Chani Team,

We have noticed these errors happening more in sandbox environments. In production, even new users who just downloaded your app will have a receipt since the receipt download is managed by the OS. In sandbox, your development app downloads its own receipt, which can cause issues before it’s downloaded (and this is beside the other issues that we’ve seen.) We’ve filed some radars with Apple to hopefully fix some of them but one small fix you can do is to create a new in-app purchase product that is used just for testing. In sandbox or TestFlight you can purchase it to generate a receipt so that your trial eligibility check works for your “real” products.