Solved

Generic subscriptions?

Badge +1
  • 2 replies

Hi! I am wondering how Twitch does a generatic subsciption IAP. Looks like they have only one subscription “1Sub Token”, but when you try to subscribe to individual users, it displays the username next to the checkout flow. E.g., in the screenshot “Subscription - Asmongold”.

icon

Best answer by cody 11 May 2022, 16:42

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Is this something possible with RC?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @jhk!

Without creating individual products for each individual subscriber, this type of setup isn’t possible without some custom backend logic. Creating individual products quickly becomes burdensome as your app grows.

Instead, apps implementing this type of behavior opt for using consumable `token` in-app products, then build a custom system for spending those tokens on individual subscribers to represent being “subscribed” to a user/creator.

On RevenueCat’s side of things, you can rely on webhooks to get alerted in your backend when a user makes a purchase for a specific product so that you can deposit tokens into a user’s account: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/webhooks

Badge +1

Hi @cody thanks for the response. It does look like Twitch used to use a consumable token but moved away to single subscription. See the text on the native popup “Subscription - Asmongold”. Does this mean they are invidually creating subscribers to all their partners?

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I am also wondering how twitch does this in their new version. The sub token is pretty straight forward but not autorenewable… It does appear that once you reach some threshold of streaming x minutes you get access to the ability to have subs on your channel, so maybe at that point they are willing to create a whole new group for the user? I think this can be done programatically but you still go through a review process. Can anyone confirm that’s what twitch is doing?