Question

Expo Managed app works locally with RevenueCat, but crashes on launch in TestFlight

• 3 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I’ve integrated RevenueCat’s React Native package into our Expo-managed app, and I’m running into an issue getting everything working in Testflight. I’ve added the getOfferings() and purchasePackage() functions into our app and everything is working as expected when running the app locally, but the app is crashing as soon as it’s opened in TestFlight. 

To create our build for TestFlight, I’m using

eas build --platform ios

Let me know if I’m missing anything or if you need anything from my side to help resolve this issue.

Thanks!

3 replies

Badge +1

We’re using react version 18, and expo SDK version ~46.0.9. Not sure how to find useful logs from a build in Testflight - it doesn’t give an option to send crash feedback once it crashes. I also checked the iOS device logs and didn’t see anything in particular that looked related to the crash. Let me know if there’s any info I can attach to make this easier to understand;

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I’ve integrated RevenueCat’s React Native package into our Expo-managed app, and I’m running into an issue getting everything working in Testflight. I’ve added the getOfferings() and purchasePackage() functions into our app and everything is working as expected when running the app locally, but the app is crashing as soon as it’s opened in TestFlight. 

eas build --platform ios

Let me know if I’m missing anything or if you need anything from my side to help resolve this issue.

Thanks!

@DougG  I have a question, can you still use ExpoGo when using "react-native-purchases"?  I was able to get offering and also do a purchase when building for TestFlight, but If I want to run my code in ExpoGo it explodes with an exception. I would like to keep using ExpoGo for testing other features (doesnt matter if I dont have access to IAP in ExpoGo). Any clue?

By the way I use the same command eas build --platform ios to build and publish to TestFlight and all works great.

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

eas build --platform ios

Thanks!

@DougG  I have a question, can you still use ExpoGo when using "react-native-purchases"?  I was able to get offering and also do a purchase when building for TestFlight, but If I want to run my code in ExpoGo it explodes with an exception. I would like to keep using ExpoGo for testing other features (doesnt matter if I dont have access to IAP in ExpoGo). Any clue?

By the way I use the same command eas build --platform ios to build and publish to TestFlight and all works great.

For locally running development builds in Expo, I believe we can only get it running by using

eas build --profile development --platform android

and then running this command after the build is finished

expo start --dev-client

I’ve been able to use this to run the app on the iOS simulator and real device. On my side, everything works locally but the app it’s crashing on load in Testflight. Would love to hear any suggestions anyone has on what I can do to debug a build in TestFlight.

Hope this helps!