Solved

[EAS][RevenueCat SDK] Test on Android device

• 8 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi ! I am configuring the SDK in a React Native app in Expo, using eas build.

The doc indicates the following :

To see your configured products in your Android app, you’ll need to upload this APK to Google Play. This APK does not need to be released to production—uploading it to an internal track is sufficient.

But the APK built to test the app in the device can not be uploaded to the Play Store since they only accept .aab files

Trying to get the offerings in my app triggers the following errors :

There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details.
at node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/NativeModules.js:105:59 in promiseMethodWrapper
at node_modules/react-native-purchases/dist/purchases.js:266:33 in __generator$argument_1
at node_modules/react-native-purchases/dist/purchases.js:31:43 in step
at node_modules/react-native-purchases/dist/purchases.js:14:30 in <anonymous>
at node_modules/react-native-purchases/dist/purchases.js:5:40 in fulfilled

I found some topic answering this is an API keys issue, but I double checked mine and they are correct.

That is why I assume that it must be something else but I cant figure what is wrong.

deleted code snippet since this is not the origin of the error

Do you have any clue ?

EDIT 1 : it seems that this issue is common and not related to the code. By logging the caught error with :

console.log(JSON.stringify(e));

I got : 

"There's a problem with your configuration. None of the products registered in the RevenueCat dashboard could be fetched from the Play Store.\nMore information: https://rev.cat/why-are-offerings-empty"

I will keep the topic up to date to help others in the same case.

EDIT 2 : thanks to the link logged above in the error, it seems that the issue comes from the point “2. Your app is published on a closed track and you've added a tester”

Which brings me back to the first point of the topic : how could I publish an APK file since Play Store only allows .aab ?

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Haley Pace 13 April 2023, 18:23

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, I apologize our docs are out of date on that point. We will be updating this soon. Only older apps(August 2021 and earlier) can use APK. Now apps can only use AAB.