Solved

Display the product based on current local

• 24 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi all

I am using revenue cat in my app, And I configure my products and I set up the localization for them,However when I get my product they return always in english local, How I can change the local I want.

I am using flutter SDK

icon

Best answer by cody 26 July 2021, 19:58

Hey @besher!

The title and description of a product are localized from the underlying SKProduct. It’s important to note, the localized titles are localized based on the storefront of the user’s account/device.

When you are testing in sandbox, the region is chosen from the sandbox tester’s specified App Store region from App Store Connect:

App Store Connect ‘New Tester’ modal for choosing App Store Region

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @besher!

The title and description of a product are localized from the underlying SKProduct. It’s important to note, the localized titles are localized based on the storefront of the user’s account/device.

When you are testing in sandbox, the region is chosen from the sandbox tester’s specified App Store region from App Store Connect:

App Store Connect ‘New Tester’ modal for choosing App Store Region

Badge +1

Hi,

How can we  do the same on the playStore?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @Jerome!

I can’t actually find where Google documents how to test different regions, so I would recommend creating separate Google accounts that are in different regions. You can then sign into those accounts on your device to test separate regions.

Otherwise, you might want to reach out to Google Developer Support directly to see if they have a better recommendation on how to test product localization in sandbox mode.

Badge +1

Hi Cody,

Thanks for your feedback.
It seems that google determines the region of the account with the login IP address.
I read it somewhere.
So it's more complicated for the tests.
In addition to another account, it would be necessary to have a VPN connection to simulate a true location of the account in another region / country.
This is what I understood because the geolocation of the device does not change anything.
It needs to be confirmed.