Question

Customer history seems to miss Expiration event

• 22 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

I have another example of a customer history where I am not sure if it should currently have or not have entitlements. For reference customer id is zFJvdHtkE2evnc9fnhtGVNLcDt52.

The webhook events are in this order:

What seems to be missing is another EXPIRATION event. Feb 21 should be when the grace period expires and the subscription should end. But at this time after one renewal and after pausing the subscription, we have yet to receive any information of the latest status. RC console says that Subscription expired on 2024-02-18. Is there any reason no webhook event came in in February?

This post has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi! Here is the documentation on the webhook flow for when a subscription is paused by an Android user. It is not expected that an EXPIRATION event is sent.

Badge +5

So how can we detect this event? If user signs up day 1 and then pauses their subscription on day 15. We will get the paused event on that day 15th. But now on day 30th no events are happening. So does this mean we have to proactively look at the customer data to know to remove entitlements on the 30th day (end of subscription term)?
To be clear, I am looking to detect correct entitlements on the server (not client) with this implementation. 
thank you.

Badge +5

but according to the diagram, the paused event should come at the end of the period and NOT when they decided to pause.

as you can see in my example screenshot, the user renewed, then paused 3 days after in the middle of the cycle. so the paused event came 3 days after the renewal instead of ~30 days after the renewal ..

Badge +5

Please let me know if you can help clarify this use case