Question

app pricing setup - android/iOS

• 3 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

I have set up app monetization on the Play Store, and here's what it currently looks like: There is a 'paid' option and free option.  However, when I open the app on the Play Store in my closed testing environment, it appears to be set up for immediate payment through the Play Store. My intention is for the app to be installed first for free, and then during the installation and sign-up process, the integrated Revenue Cat functionality will handle the payment.

Should I configure the app to be free on the Play Store. 

the first screenshot is from play store and second is from monetization setup in google dev console.

and i assume this is same for iOS aswell.

also when i click make it free i see the below. if i proceed will this effect revenucat later for fetching offers etc.., ?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, to clarify this will be a one-time purchase of $4.99 to unlock your app? You can do this with RevenueCat by creating an offering for a non-consumable product with a lifetime entitlement. So you’d want to make your app free, and then you can display the paywall immediately after the user signs up. Let me know if this is what you meant, if not please clarify and I’ll be happy to help.

Badge +4

"The app offers a monthly subscription for $4.99. Users can initially download it for free from the App Store or Play Store. During the registration process, users have the option to subscribe. We have integrated RevenueCat SDK to facilitate subscription procedures. For a visual representation of the app's appearance on the Play Store, please refer to the attached images."

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thank you for clarifying. You can do this with RevenueCat. The choice to make your app free vs paid is just the initial download cost. To implement your in app purchases of your monthly subscription, you can use RevenueCat’s offerings for this: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/entitlements

Badge +4

my question is about, should i be setting the app free in order to avoid play store purchase before installing it. 

please confirm, because once we set the free we wont be able to change it back in play store. see the attached

note: we have already implemented Revenuecat sdk in the app to subscribe. the question is more about the listing details on play store

Badge +4

@Haley Pace can you help here , we are planning to go prod soon and blocked by this

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, yes for your use case you can make your app free to download, and then have the users sign up for your monthly subscription. So using the free pricing option is the right way to go here.

Badge +4

Hi, yes for your use case you can make your app free to download, and then have the users sign up for your monthly subscription. So using the free pricing option is the right way to go here.

quick check, i assume its the same for iOS app store settings aswell right?

sorry if i sounds dumb, but just verifying as apple has strict policis regarding inapp purchases