Solved

active subscriber’s entitlement when i remove the product from sale on appstore connect

• 1 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

What happens to the active subscriber’s entitlement when i remove the product from sale on my appstore connect. ? Scenario : A yearly subscriber having 10months left and i remove the yearly product from sale on appstore connect. 

icon

Best answer by wes_clark 5 February 2024, 16:50

View original

2 replies

From my understanding, anything on sale shall not be removed, especially when you have active subscriber on it, once you remove it, you app will not be able to fetch the subscription status. And the worst case scenario is if your code is not strong enough, it will lead to a crash to your app.

I have no idea why you want to remove it, the possible reason is you are not happy with the price setup of the product, by that, you can just modifying the product, and you can choose to just affect the new users after the changes, or apply to all the existing users on their next bill.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi! Yes, If you have customers that have active subscriptions for that product, we have protections to ensure those customers do not lose access and won’t allow you to remove a product from RevenueCat that has transactions attached to it. Removing the product from being able to be purchased by new users in your app should not impact the current users who have already purchased the product