Skip to main content

New webhook field: renewal_number

In a few days, we will add a new field to our webhook event payloads: renewal_number. The renewal number describes how many times this subscription has already recurred. It always starts at 1 (ie., the first event sent for a new subscription has the renewal_number 1). Trial conversions are counted as renewals.

If you are using RevenueCat webhooks, please make sure that your webhook processing can handle this new field.

6 replies

Badge +5

Hi @Jens .

Will this new field impact the Firebase Extension ? Will I need to upgrade the extension ahead of time or the existing code still works with new fields even if they are not used?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @cube20ever20 , we haven’t yet added this to the Firebase extension. If and when we will, we will make sure that there is a seamless upgrade process.

Badge +5

Thanks @Jens , but my question is whether I have to do anything at all if I do not require this field? Do i still need to upgrade, prepare ahead, or completely ignore this if I am not needing this field.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

you don’t have to do anything.

Badge

​Hi @Jens  . Thanks for this update, the new field is very useful from the analytics perspective.
Will you plan to add the field to Segment (Integration) events? If yes, then is there any ETA? Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @maksim-a2c256 – no plans right now but I am forwarding the request to the team working on integrations!