Skip to main content
Question

Why did I receive less money from Apple? Is it because of international payments?

• 1 August 2024
  • 1 reply

According to Revenue Cat, I made $151 with 24 transactions in June 2024. However, Apple only sent me a payment of $92.46 today stating 19 units sold. 

The previous month, Revenue Cat reported $44 in revenue and Apple paid me $37.29, so I know up until this month, Apple was paying me in full minus the 15% fee for small businesses. 

How can I figure out why Apple paid me less than usual. I have started receiving international payments, so my hypothesis is that Apple is not paying me for countries outside the US and Canada. If so, how do I start receiving those payments as well?

Hi, in regards to what Apple is paying you’ll want to reach out to them as that is on their end. In general you can always expect some difference between App Store Connect's data and RevenueCat's data since we don't plug into App Store Connect directly at all. Our metrics are all generated as a snapshot from the receipt files we have saved for your users. Additionally, timezone differences (we use UTC, Apple uses PST) as well as calendar months (us) vs. fiscal months (Apple) is often the reason for discrepancies like this. We've put together most of what we know about why data is different in an article on data discrepancies here that's worth a read: https://community.revenuecat.com/featured-articles-55/about-data-discrepancies-116