Solved

What's the proper way to disable existing Subscriptions?

• 26 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Hi, 

We run an A/B/C pricing experiment test during the last four months in which we created 6 different subscription options mixing 3 prices and 2 durations.

We now have the results and want to reduce all the subscriptions options to the winner. 

It seems that what I have to do is to remove the subscription availability from the App Store BUT:

- If I remove the subscriptions for selling, all the users will not automatically renew at the end of the period => We'll lose existing subscribers revenue.  

- If I do not remove the sub availability, anyone can buy the new subscription and change to the old one via App Store Settings. 

Is there any solution to leave existing subscribers forever in their current subscription AND do not let anyone new buy the old subscriptions?

icon

Best answer by tina 5 November 2021, 19:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Marcos 

It sounds like all of these products are part of the same subscription group. Unfortunately if that’s the case, you won’t be able to achieve what you’re hoping for. In the future, each variant group should be associated with its own subscription group. Then when deciding on the “winner”, you would change the current Offering in RevenueCat app settings and no one else will be able to see or buy the “losing” products.