Solved

test subscriptions always cancelled

• 19 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi

My testing with Play Store sandbox always cancels due to a billing error.  Sometimes at the first renewal and other times after 2 or 3.

Is this intended behaviour?

I see that other users are seeing this issue but with no resolution from RevenueCat.

Had their subscription of  remove_ads_monthly cancelled due to a billing error

View detail

Started a subscription of  remove_ads_monthly for GBP 0.49

2022-03-19 1:48 PM

Last opened the app

In the last day

Had their subscription of  remove_ads_monthly cancelled due to a billing error

2022-03-16 11:12 AM

Renewed their subscription of  remove_ads_monthly for GBP 0.49

2022-03-16 10:44 AM

Started a subscription of  remove_ads_monthly for GBP 0.49

2022-03-16 10:37 AM

Created a new alias $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2022-03-16 10:37 AM

icon

Best answer by sundeep 25 March 2022, 02:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Peter Rule,

Subscriptions in sandbox cancel automatically after a certain number of renewals (up to a maximum of 6 for Google Play Store - https://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/test#subs), so this sounds like expected behavior. Google’s docs aren’t super clear about this, but it sounds like this happens so that you can test cases such as when the user experiences a billing error. 

I also left a follow-up suggestion to that other thread you replied to, which may help determine whether this is just the behavior on Google’s end:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have the same problem and replied to the other thread too. It’s clearly a revenuecat sandbox bug, google reports OK. 

Badge +2

Having the same problem, it always cancels after the original subscription, then if I wait another 5 minutes it comes back, it definitely seems like a revenuecat issue

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@aris @Peter Rule @Juliana Pagnoncelli Ferreira I replied to your questions in the other thread - let’s follow up there to keep it one place: