Solved

Some questions on migrating subscriptions

• 27 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +4
  • 0 replies

I’m moving my new subscription service to revenuecat.

The way current system works is this:
1. User makes purchase from either iOS or stripe
2. if purchased on iOS, entry is created on DB with app_user_id & purchase id
3. Receive webhooks from apple/stripe and use that to give user premium

I have a couple concerns:

• Do I need to use syncPurchases? I don’t see how it makes sense if a customer has purchased through stripe
  • With receipt forwarding, older versions of my app don’t send receipts, just user id and purchase id. Your create purchase endpoint requires the full base64 receipt, what can I do?
  • For migrating, I don’t have the base64 encoded receipt file, just the unencoded purchase details
icon

Best answer by tina 1 March 2022, 22:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @hoj 

I’ll answer your questions in-line below:

Do I need to use syncPurchases? I don’t see how it makes sense if a customer has purchased through stripe

This would just be for customers who have purchased within the app through Apple with your own IAP system. For Stripe, you would need to send RevenueCat the Stripe fetch token in order for the transaction to be tracked in RevenueCat.

With receipt forwarding, older versions of my app don’t send receipts, just user id and purchase id. Your create purchase endpoint requires the full base64 receipt, what can I do?

You can do a client side migration here. The syncPurchases method would pull the receipt from the device and sync it with RevenueCat. Note that this would depend on the customer opening the new version of the app with RevenueCat.

For migrating, I don’t have the base64 encoded receipt file, just the unencoded purchase details

I don't believe it’s possible to re-encode Apple receipt files from the decoded form. I would recommend going the client migration route here if you don’t have the encoded receipt file.