Solved

Silly questions for a new user.

• 19 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am new to revenuecat and have some questions.
1. Can I use revenuecat to make direct purchase like stripe in my web and flutter apps? do you have tutorials on that? 
2. Does revenuecat support Australia dollars? Is there any extra fee on it?
3. The per transaction fee in stripe in Australia is 1.75% + A$0.30, I can see revenuecat is 0.8% in starter plan, is that correct?
4. When a customer makes a purchase, will the money go to my bank account? Or it goes to revenuecat and I need to transfer it to my account manually.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Rik 19 October 2022, 13:49

View original

2 replies

Badge

Welcome, Simon!

There are no silly questions. Only silly GIFs, like this one:

Let me go through those questions 1 by 1:

1. Can I use revenuecat to make direct purchase like stripe in my web and flutter apps? do you have tutorials on that? 

RevenueCat isn’t a payment processor, but rather provides the infrastructure that’ll allow you to offer (subscription) purchases in your apps or on your website.

Your iOS users would still purchase through the App Store, your Android users would still purchase through Google Play, and your web users could purchase through Stripe (we offer a native integration with them)

One of the benefits of not building out all of that yourself, is that you’ll have a single source of truth for your subscribers and their purchases across all of those platforms, which - if you’re launching on all 3 - will be a pain in the butt to build and maintain yourself.

You’ll also be able to seamlessly pipe that data into other tools and platforms, to do things like kick off automations, record conversions in your ad tools, etc

2. Does revenuecat support Australia dollars? Is there any extra fee on it?

We don’t handle your subscribers’ money: That’ll still come into Stripe, Apple and Google, who will transfer that to you according to their own specific timelines and processes.

3. The per transaction fee in stripe in Australia is 1.75% + A$0.30, I can see revenuecat is 0.8% in starter plan, is that correct?

As we don’t touch the revenue your app is generating, RevenueCat pricing is separate from what you’d pay Stripe, the Apple cut, or the % Google Play withholds. That being said, our free plan is 0.0% until you reach $10,000 / month in tracked revenue, in which case you have something to celebrate 😸

4. When a customer makes a purchase, will the money go to my bank account? Or it goes to revenuecat and I need to transfer it to my account manually.

See the previous answer: You’ll be paid by Stripe, Google, and/or Apple respectively

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Badge +1

Thank you very much.