Question

Sandbox testing with Play Store subscription gives Cancellation with Billing error

• 14 February 2022
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am making a test purchase for a monthly subscription. It happens correctly the first time and for the correct user. I am using the always accept visa card from google testers. There is exactly one renewal happening which is fine and the second time I get CANCELLATION with BILLING_ERROR on the sandbox. 

30 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I have found this question on StackOverflow, where people suggest this is the normal and expected behavior of Google Play sibscriptions test mode, although I am not quite sure about it.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57869868/google-play-billing-testing-mode-why-my-purchase-is-automatically-canceled

Since people there have upvoted the answers, it may be they are right. And if they are right, then this may not be a RevenueCat issue, but Google Play’s normal behavior.

Badge +1

I have found this question on StackOverflow, where people suggest this is the normal and expected behavior of Google Play sibscriptions test mode, although I am not quite sure about it.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57869868/google-play-billing-testing-mode-why-my-purchase-is-automatically-canceled

Since people there have upvoted the answers, it may be they are right. And if they are right, then this may not be a RevenueCat issue, but Google Play’s normal behavior.

Hi @UlyssesAlves I am facing the same problem of cancellations with each subscription. How did you fix it?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Sakhile Mamba I didn’t fix it. But now that I think about it, I have been getting cancellations in production, but I don’t know if it was my app users who unsubscribed or if it was this error taking place. Can’t say that for sure, unfortunately.

Badge +1

@UlyssesAlves I realized that I hadn’t input my app’s package ID into RevenueCat, the package ID in “build.gradle” for android. After I fixed this, I haven’t experienced those cancellations since.

Maybe this will be helpful to you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@UlyssesAlves I realized that I hadn’t input my app’s package ID into RevenueCat, the package ID in “build.gradle” for android. After I fixed this, I haven’t experienced those cancellations since.

Maybe this will be helpful to you.

This is already set up in my project on Revenue Cat. Without it it wouldn’t surely work. But it’s good that you fixed it in your configuration. Mine may be something different.