Question

React Native different paywalls & metadata

• 18 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello, I have produced different PayWall screens with multiple offers in RevenueCat's panel for use on the React Native side. But how do I show these different screens to users as an A/B testing without changing the default settings on the panel? Additionally, I could not change the language of the texts on our payment screen via metadata. I could not find these parts in the documentation for React Native. Could you help me please for these issues?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @viscognitionis,

Unfortunately it’s not possible to choose the paywall to display yet, we choose the paywall for the current offering you have selected in the dashboard. I’ll pass this on to the team as feedback.

The language of the paywall is chosen automatically based on your device settings, so to test this part try changing your device’s language.

Badge

Greetings again,

Thanks for your response. Currently, we see the same paywall screen in a different way on Android devices compared to iOS. More importantly, we are getting a crash error from Android devices saying “com.revenuecat.purchases.hybridcommon.PaywallHelpersKt.presentPaywallFromFragment (PaywallHelpers.kt:14)”. On some Android devices, the paywall screen opens 2 times in a row. What is the cause of these problems and how can they be solved?

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @viscognitionis In that case can you share debug logs that reproduce this? If there is any info that you want to keep private like user IDs for your customers you can open a support ticket and share them there.