Question

Production showing sandobox cards

• 22 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey Everyone,
I have recently added RevenueCat to one of my apps and all looks ok.
I uploaded a release to Google Play and has been reviewed and published. 

When I register a user (Has to be my google account??), the offerings show no problems, but when I tap to buy, I am only present with test cards, and I can’t add a different payment method.

It was my understanding RC would detect sandbox and live environments.

Is anyone able to shed some light on this please?

Michael C.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

This on a production build.
Sorry if the image is too large.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I installed the app on another users phone. One that hadn’t been graced with the sandbox environment, and the subscription went through ok.

My question now is, how do I clear the sandbox user instances so I can be 100% sure other users won’t have the same issue as previously mentioned?

And, what happens if that user logs into the app on my phone (she is my wife after all)? Will revenue cat see her account or mine?

Thanks in advance. Just trying to get my head around how RC functions fairly quickly, as I have people waiting in the wings to access the app and the services it provides.

Regards,

Michael C.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I think I understand now. Took a while for the penny to drop. 

The issue is not with RevenueCat. It relates directly to Google and he account I’m signed into on my device. It just happens to be my developer account.

So it seems I can’t register ina production environment on my device, as I will always be served the Test Card Numbers.

Let me know if Im wrong please.

Michael C.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

When I register a user (Has to be my google account??), the offerings show no problems, but when I tap to buy, I am only present with test cards, and I can’t add a different payment method.

This sounds like you registered a licensed tester and are currently doing closed testing. So in this case you would still be in the sandbox environment which is why you were presented with test card and were unable to add a different payment method.

It was my understanding RC would detect sandbox and live environments.

This is determined by the app. If the app is built from Android Studio or not fully published/released, this will still be in sandbox mode. To be in production, the app needs to be fully released on the Google Play Store and directly downloaded from there.

My question now is, how do I clear the sandbox user instances so I can be 100% sure other users won’t have the same issue as previously mentioned?

As long as the user downloads the app from the Google Play Store they should be in production. If you wanted to clear any sandbox data, you would need to delete the user in RevenueCat to clear those transactions, but know that if the customer restores purchases that these sandbox purchases may re-appear on their account as Google would still have record of these transactions and send them to RevenueCat.

And, what happens if that user logs into the app on my phone (she is my wife after all)? Will revenue cat see her account or mine?

RevenueCat will see the current underlying store account, so if your wife is logged in with her Google Play Store account then this is the account that will be looked at. This also depends on how you have implemented RevenueCat in terms of configuring/logging in. If you login your wife as her own user id, then she should be able to use the device with her purchases without impacting your user. But if you have her log into your user id with her Google Account without her having her own id, then purchases from her account will be restored into your user id.

So it seems I can’t register in a production environment on my device, as I will always be served the Test Card Numbers.

I believe this is due to using your developer account. If you are logged in with a different Google Account on your device then it should work fine.