Question

product organization for multiple products with same price

• 28 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out the best solution to design for my new feature. I want to offer multiple expansion packs that pretty much share the same price, however I would really like to be able to use the entitlements feature to manage user access. My issue is that it seems like products map directly to an entitlement? is there any way for the same product to grant access to different entitlements? What alternatives would I have to avoid having to setup a new product on apple / google app stores and stripe for every single expansion pack?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi! As our documentation says here, it is possible to have the same product unlock multiple entitlements, but based on how I am understanding what you would like to do, I don’t believe that would be the best option if you want to be able to allow the users to purchase unique expansion packs individually. You will most likely need to have individual corresponding products to purchase for the unique expansion packs if I am understanding correctly. Let me know if I am misunderstanding.

Badge +3

Hi! As our documentation says here, it is possible to have the same product unlock multiple entitlements, but based on how I am understanding what you would like to do, I don’t believe that would be the best option if you want to be able to allow the users to purchase unique expansion packs individually. You will most likely need to have individual corresponding products to purchase for the unique expansion packs if I am understanding correctly. Let me know if I am misunderstanding.

Hi Wes yes that is right, however creating an individual product on the app stores especially for each new product does not seem like it would be a good option? (Think of what I’m creating as a marketplace). Right now it seems that the valid option would be to create a few price ranges on the App Store and use those but with that I don’t see any viable way of using RC to still manage the licensing/entitlements ?