Question

Non-Consumable and Auto-Renewable Subscription relationship with Webhooks

• 18 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Hello,

I have an app, where I’m selling pictures. I have Non-Consumable and Auto-Renewable Subscription formula. This means, you can buy pictures one by one or you can subscribe for one year to get all of them. 

My GET API check your inventory, to make sure you own the image. Therefore I synchronise the database via Webhook. 

My RevenueCat structures look like this:

• I have 1 offering called default, with 2 packages (Annual and Lifetime)
    • Annual package has 1 product
    • Lifetime package has 1 product (I don’t want to map the product-image one by one, cuz it’s not scaleable)
  • I have 2 entitlements
    • First one is for lifetime things, therefore this has only 1 product (Lifetime package)
    • Second one is for subscriptions and lifetime things, therefore this has 2 products

My problem is, if my customer make a Non-Consumable purchase (so buy only 1 image), my webhook called, but i do not know, which image was bought. I know who bought, cuz after login I’m settings the app_user_id.

Any suggestion?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @Jacint :wave:

From your use case it seems like your lifetime package unlocks the ability to get 1 photo and the product ID isn’t mapped to a particular image. 

I don’t think there is any functionality we can provide on our end to help with this since the product ID isn’t matched to a particular photo.  You would need to build some functionality on your end to detect what photo they selected and store that info somewhere.