Skip to main content

Hi there, I am currently looking into integrating monthly subscriptions into an app that was originally going to be a one-time-purchase.

Im looking to have a short trial followed by a subscription. The key thing here is that I am trying to avoid integrating a login system for my users. I do not need to store any account data myself, and the app has no cross-platform functionality (nor would that be relevant), so ideally I can avoid the extra dev-time and bloat of a login system and rely on unique identifiers provided by the play/app store.

Based off my reading so far, I believe I can do this by not passing any user id to the sdk upon initialization. In this case the sdk would rely on the apple app user id (and google equivalent?).

I am just looking for some guidance on whether I am on the right track, in addition to any info that might be relevent here- or maybe pitfalls of this approach.

Additionally, my understanding is that the subscriptions themselves are managed through the app and play store, so when the user is looking to manage it, I would only need to direct them there?

Thanks

Be the first to reply!