Solved

Linking offerings to specific app within project?

• 19 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi team,

Is there a way to link a specific offering to specific app within a project?

I am using a project to allow for shared subscriptions in the future, but to do so, I have to share my offerings between apps. The current system only allows for one default offering for all apps within the bundle and the offerings call from the iOS SDK returns all offerings as there is no way to mark them for a given app.

I’d love a way to say that this specific offering or offerings is only for this given app and only to return it for that app API key.

Otherwise I end up with errors like There's a problem with your configuration. No packages could be found for offering with identifier default_monthly.

icon

Best answer by Jens 20 March 2024, 21:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Cross-posting my answer from our Discord here so that other community members can also find the response: 

You can use Targeting for that.

If you are trying to sell different products in different apps, and some products grant entitlements only in one app and others across apps, you can also just use one offering: Let's say that your App A has monthly product appa.subs.monthly and yearly product appa.subs.yearly, and app b has products appb.subs.monthly and appb.subs.yearly. You can now create one offering with a monthly and a yearly package and attach the monthly products (appa.subs.monthly and appb.subs.monthly) to the monthly package and the yearly ones to the yearly package. each app will only "see" its own products. you can then create an entitlement "appa" for app a and only attach appa.subs.monthly and appa.subs.yearly to it, and the same for app b. if you are ready to sell a bundle, you create a new product for each of the apps, eg. appa.bundle.monthly and appb.bundle.monthly. You create a new package, eg. with a custom identifier "bundle_monthly" and attach the two products to it. Then, you attach both of the bundle products to BOTH of the entitlements (so that eg. the subscription appa.bundle.monthly also grants the entitlement in App B).