Question

Is it possible to have more than 1 introductory offer per subscription?

• 15 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

We have a monthly subscription in Apple and Google which has 1 introductory offer (i.e. 1 week free trial). Is it possible to create a second introductory offer (e.g. 2 week free trial) on the same product? Ive noticed its possible the create the offer on app store connect but how does the app know which introductory offer to display to the user? We do not want to offer the 2 week free trial to everyone.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Walter! Only one introductory offer can be set per product, and I suspect that is partially for the reason you described: since introductory offers are given to every customer in the region that you made the offer available within, there wouldn’t be a way to distinguish who is eligible for one offer over another.

That being said, there are a few other ways you might be able to tackle this:

1. You could create a different product with a different introductory offer and programmatically decide which customers to serve which product to based on the introductory offer you want to display
  2. You could use Offer Codes and provide them to specific customers so that they receive a distinct introductory offer (though, to be honest, I’d only recommend this if it’s absolutely necessary, as this feature has been pretty unstable -- you can read more about that in the article)

If you’re able to share more about how and when you’re looking to offer the 2-week free trial instead of the 1-week trial, let me know, and I’ll see if there’s any other way to approach that we haven’t thought of yet. Thanks!