We have an Android and IOS app with a “Pro” subscription product with a monthly and a yearly billing cycle.
- For now, I’ll talk through the IOS setup:
- We have a Subscription Group called Pro and within it, we have the Subscription Products Monthly and Yearly
- We have currently configured an introductory offer for Monthly: 1 week free trial
- Say we also want to configure a 50% discount for Monthly, so:
- New user gets a 1 week free trial
- Then 50% discount for 6 months
- Then regular price
According to Apple docs, it sounds like this this isn’t possible:
Although you can create an introductory offer for each subscription product in App Store Connect, each person is only eligible to redeem one introductory offer per subscription group.
App Store Connect allows you to set an introductory offer for each subscription product in App Store Connect. You can have multiple offers in each subscription group. New and returning customers are only eligible to use one introductory offer per subscription group. For example, if a customer uses a free trial and then upgrades to a subscription product in the same group that also has a free trial, they aren't eligible for the second offer.
However, based on a previous forum post (from a year ago):
The RevenueCat SDK will only return one introductory price - first the free trial, and after that’s redeemed, the introductory price
It sounds like this is possible. Am I misunderstanding things? Additionally, what’s the best/most recommended way to go about this?
Thanks in advance!
Best answer by codyView original