Solved

iOS: from Non-Renewing Subscription to Auto-Renewable Subscription (premium vesion)

• 20 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

When I initially set up RevenueCat, I created and used a Non-Renewing Subscription product. This product was used to indicate if a user is premium or not. Everything works as it should be. What I want to do is to change this existing product with a Auto-Renewable Subscription product WITHOUT any of my existing premium users loosing premium access.

This is really important for our app, this is why I want to make sure that nothing goes wrong as I make the required changes.

I created a new product on App Store Connect which is a Auto-Renewable Subscription product.

What steps should I take, in order to change the product that is now used inside the app and WITHOUT any of my existing premium users loosing premium access?

icon

Best answer by cody 7 December 2021, 19:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Chris!

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to change an existing product from being non-renewing to renewing. You’ll need to create a new, separate product (as it sounds like you’ve already done!).

I’d then recommend creating a new Offering with the autorenewing subscription, and making that the ‘current’ offering for users. You’ll want to be sure that you don’t offer this product to your existing non-renewing subscribers, but once their subscription has expired, you can show them the new paywall.

You don’t need to remove the old product from sale or remove the product from an entitlement, and you aren’t required to cancel the legacy users’ non-renewing subscriptions. Does that make sense? Let me know if you have any questions!