Question

Integrate revenuecat with OutSystems

• 17 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I'm currently in the process of integrating RevenueCat with my mobile application built on OutSystems. I'm excited to offer subscription plans to my users and leverage RevenueCat's management features.

I've been following the general guidelines for integrating RevenueCat with mobile apps, but I'd appreciate some guidance specific to the OutSystems environment.

Here are some specific questions I have:

• Compatibility: Are there any known compatibility issues or considerations when using RevenueCat with the latest version of OutSystems 11?
  • OutSystems Forge: Have others in the community developed pre-built components or plugins for integrating RevenueCat with OutSystems? If so, could you point me in the right direction? I could not find it.
  • Best Practices: Are there any recommended practices or security considerations specific to integrating RevenueCat within the OutSystems development workflow?
  • Troubleshooting: If I encounter errors during the integration process, are there any resources or channels within the RevenueCat community dedicated to troubleshooting OutSystems-related issues?
  • Stripe/Firebase: There already exists plugin for OutSystems for Stripe and Firebase, is this a viable way to connect RevenueCat to Firebase and from Firebase to OS?

I've already gone through the RevenueCat documentation for mobile app SDKs (iOS and Android) and the OutSystems documentation on mobile development. While these resources are helpful, I believe insights from the community, particularly regarding successful OutSystems integrations, would be invaluable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi! There is not currently an integration between OutSystems and RevenueCat like there is with other low-code app builders. Depending on what OutSystems allows, you may be able to integrate with the RevenueCat API. I also took a look at our community and past support tickets, and it does not appear that much has been shared about components or best practices for integrating the two systems. We don’t have channels dedicated to debugging OutSystems-related issues, but if you would like to reach out to the Support team when you encounter them, we are happy to take a look at them. I am not sure how the OutSystems’ Firebase integration would interact with the RevenueCat one, but just in terms of our end from what I understand currently, it does not appear that there would be any stoppers from you using our Firebase integration.